Mission statement - proposed
The Glen Ellen Forum is working on
- Building a stronger community for the benefit of us all.
- Working together from a positive frame of mind on common goals.
- Valuing all our experiences, with a shared sense of civic discourse and respect of participants.
- Carrying out all of our work with elements of tolerance, co-operation, compromise, diversity, preservation and inclusiveness.
There is always more that brings us together than what divides us.
5 year Strategic Plan - proposed
The draft 5-year strategic plan is intended to start a conversation around how our community might enhance village life, while ensuring the charm and rural character are not sacrificed.
Short Term Plan & Initiatives
Short Term Plans
The short-term plan & initiatives list is intended to outline what we are actively working on or can work towards together.
Meeting Agenda - November
- WELCOME & INTRODUCTION
- Denise Wilbanks, Vintage House
- COMMITTEE UPDATES
- Advisory Council Exploration
- Traffic & Safety
- Sonoma Developmental Center Events 10/27-11/4
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- THANK YOU FOR COMING
- Next Meeting: Monday, 12/3 @ 7pm, Garden Court Cafe
Next Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday, October 18th, 2018 at the Garden Court Cafe, 6:30-8:15pm.
(Invited to the 10/18 meeting are the Steering Committee and Committee Chairs.)
January 17, 2019
April 18, 2019
July 18, 2019
- Elections are closed and will next take place in May 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved in any committee.
Steering Committee (day-to-day)
Vice President Communications
Vice President Secretary
Vice President Treasurer
Chair & Vice
Board of Directors (oversight)
9 members who meet 4 times a year.
Meeting Minutes & Video
- We strive to inform you, the public, about all that is going on in our community.
- The Forum does not necessarily endorse all that is posted on our website, monthly newsletter and Facebook page.
The Ready Glen Ellen Emergency Plan was created by the Glen Ellen Forum Traffic and Safety Committee and other members of the Glen Ellen community. We encourage all residents, businesses and employees of Glen Ellen to have an emergency plan and hope this document helps you.
The Ready Glen Ellen site is now up (click on the title above).
Honoring Sonoma Developmental Center (SDC)
As the SDC prepares to close its doors after 127 years, you are invited to join the community for several events planned between October 27th and November 4th to honor SDC staff and residents, and look forward to the future of the property and its open space. Get the full list of events here.
Future Goals for Glen Ellen
The Forum would like to share two energizing ideas that we believe will greatly enhance our community.
Glen Ellen Plaza
Proposal by Jim Shere
Proposal by Arthur Dawson
Community Meals & Social Events
Next social - if you would like to host one at your house please let us know.
Do You Need Help?
Fill out this form to tell your neighbors how they can help you.
CAN YOU OFFER HELP?
Fill out this form to identify how you can help your neighbors.
Support and Recovery Information
GOT HOUSING? NEED HOUSING?
Please visit the Facebook group, Keep Them In Sonoma Valley - Homes For Fire Victims set up by Glen Ellen's, Ed Davis. Ed is keeping a running inventory of housing needs and availability in Sonoma Valley!
Please view the links below.
Improvements to the Forum website
We have added these (in test mode)
- Donation ability via the site
- Multi-lingual list option
We are working on adding these shortly
- Update 5-year plan
- Add short-term projects & initiatives plan
- Update with latest newsletters, presentations, meeting minutes & videos
If you have suggestions or ideas for the site please let us know.
We'd Love to Hear from You!
Please use the contact form below to send us your ideas, suggestions, or any topics you'd like to add to the agenda for the next meeting.