The focus of this committee is to identify traffic and pedestrian safety issues in Glen Ellen and addressing them using the 3E concept: Enforcement, Engineering, and Education.
Current & Future Projects
- Meeting with representatives from County-Sheriff Department and Transportation and Public Works, along with the CHP.
- Acquiring a radar speed sign (the kind that flash your speed when you are going faster than the limit).
- Working with the county to add signage to re-route some through traffic back to HWY 12.
- Improving walk and bike routes while maintaining the Glen Ellen historic look and feel.
- Continuing discussion around solutions for: traffic noise from stop signs; speed in specific areas; parking; commercial vehicle delivery times; etc.
- Please see the traffic survey under the Documents section.
This emergency plan was created by the Glen Ellen Forum Traffic and Safety Committee and other members of the Glen Ellen community. We encourage all residents, businesses and employees of Glen Ellen to have an emergency plan and hope this document helps you.
To join this committee or inquire about our work,
please contact Stacy Vilas at: email@example.com
Next meeting - please contact the chair
The current members are: