The focus of this committee is to identify traffic and pedestrian safety issues in Glen Ellen and addressing them using the 3E concept: Enforcement, Engineering, and Education.
Current & Future Projects
- Meeting with representatives from County-Sheriff Department and Transportation and Public Works, along with the CHP.
- Acquiring a radar speed sign (the kind that flash your speed when you are going faster than the limit).
- Working with the county to add signage to re-route some through traffic back to HWY 12.
- Improving walk and bike routes while maintaining the Glen Ellen historic look and feel.
- Continuing discussion around solutions for: traffic noise from stop signs; speed in specific areas; parking; commercial vehicle delivery times; etc.
- Please see the traffic survey under the Documents section.
Links to reading, websites, resources, or any other pertinent information your committee wants to share.
To join this committee or inquire about our work,
please contact chairs, Stacy Vilas or Nick Brown.